Friday, February 8, 2008

Web 2.0

I am really getting into the 2.0 stuff! I went to the Web 2.0 awards list. Since it's a Friday night I thought I'd check out "Fun Stuff." The current first place winner is Cocktail Builder. You can plug in ingredients you have in your bar -- and up comes a recipe. We have some horrible stuff we carried back from France several years ago, Calvados. I believe it is an apple brandy. They suggest a simple recipe using apple cider. Might be a waste of good cider! Second place is One Sentence--true stories told in one sentence. Now that sounds like a fun combo -- Cocktail Builder AND One Sentence.

I bumped into a fantastic article by Tim O'Reilly that really gives a great summary of "where we've been - where we're headed" regarding the web and communities. Here is the link: http://www.oreilly.com/pub/a/oreilly/tim/news/2005/09/30/what-is-web-20.html

No comments: