Wednesday, February 6, 2008

23 Things, Items 8-15

Wow. Big day. This has been a lot of fun.

I have had feeds via google for some time. Looking forward to expanding this resource now.

LOVED the image generator information! I can't wait to play with it at home!! What a hoot.

LibraryThing is going to be a useful tool. I already keep track of what I read. But I can tell my reading was going to outpace my notekeeping. Plus the addition of the cover of the book is a strong attraction for me.

Rollyo has limited appeal for me at this time. It's a useful tool to know about -- and maybe at some point in the future if I am doing research on a particular topic or project I can return to it.

Del.icio.us and tagging have some appeal for me -- I'll have to see how useful it actually is as time goes on.

Technorati also seems a bit, well, techy and not necessary for me at this time. But I'm glad to know about it and will probably return to it in the future to see if time and my changing needs have made it more relevant.

I very much enjoyed the articles on Web 2.0 and Library 2.0. Rick Anderson's article, "Away From the Icebergs" was particularly intriguing. He outlined three icebergs, the "just in case" collection, reliance on user education and the "come to us" model of library service. I found this all to be significant to our changing roles. I refer to the changing roles of both librarians and our buildings.

No comments: